Register
Search
View: 8355|Reply: 9

Problem with horizontal scrolling

[ Promote this link! ]
Post time: 2013-06-25 17:57:40
| Show all posts |!read_mode!
Hi Kingsoft Office and users,

I've noticed that I can use my trackpad to scroll vertically, but I can't use it to scroll horizontally in both Spreadsheet and Writer.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Kingsoft, is this a software glitch that might be upgraded in the update?  It is great software, and a perfect alternative to MS Office.  Thanks for these great tools!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-06-27 03:13:55
| Show all posts
Can  you give a screenshot about trackpad to scroll vertically?
 Author| Post time: 2013-06-27 16:19:44
| Show all posts
Hi Rain, thanks for your reply.  It's a newer model laptop touchpad, the one found on an Acer Aspire V5 and looks like this touchpad picture.  When I do a vertical scroll it seems to work perfectly, but the horizontal scroll doesn't register.

Also an aside question, I'm using a touch screen and I was wondering if Kingsoft was planning to offer touch support for scrolling in their updates?

Thanks for all your time and help!
Post time: 2013-06-28 04:10:17
| Show all posts
Can you sure this is software question or hardware question?
 Author| Post time: 2013-06-28 05:18:55
| Show all posts
I think it's a software problem because the horizontal scrolling on my touchpad works with all my other programs.  It's only with the Kingsoft Office programs that the horizontal scrolling doesn't work.
Post time: 2013-06-29 08:20:43
| Show all posts
listen buddy, I can understand your problem, I want to ask you a question first, that is do you know what is the touchpad driver of your laptop ? I have synaptics touchpad driver version 7.5, okay you can check this driver in control panel mouse option, then you have to check whether  the horizontal scrolling is activated there or not, if activated then uncheck the box and do the checkmark again, and try to open Kingsoft Spreadsheet and see if it is working or not, if till it does not work then please contact me at my email, may be i will ask you some question there, and Kingsoft Spreadsheet is checked with the two famous touchpad driver, synaptics ( most hp laptop use it ) and dell touchpad ( dell laptop use this ), no error found. Thank you
 Author| Post time: 2013-06-29 14:34:00
| Show all posts
Hi mainak, thanks for your input.  I think your comments have helped identify what the problem might be.  I checked my touchpad settings and horizontal scrolling is indeed checked.  I tried resetting and it unfortunately didn't fix the problem.  I don't have a synaptics touchpad though, it's an Elan Smart-Pad with the latest drivers (11.6.6.2).  Perhaps the Office software wasn't tested with these touchpads?
Post time: 2013-09-18 05:02:20
| Show all posts
I can't use it to scroll horizontally in both Spreadsheet.
Post time: 2014-02-21 22:06:13
| Show all posts
I am trialing Kingsoft office for windows for my company & cannot scroll horizontally with the 'wheel button' .
I can roll the wheel to scroll vertically, but when I press the wheel & drag (as you would in Excel & virtually every other windows program) it doesn't scroll across the screen  left or right.

It's definitely not a hardware issue as this function works with all other appropriate applications - as mentioned above.
Post time: 2014-02-22 10:39:36
| Show all posts
Edited by Sandy8 at 2014-02-24 09:31

Kingsoft Write and Kingsoft Presentation cannot support the horizontal scrolling.
However the Kingsoft Spreadsheet supports the horizontal scrolling.
If this problem happened in Spreadsheet, could you please give a screenshot or contact our support team.  officesupport@kingsoft.com
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|WPS Office   

2019-07-16 03:11 GMT+8 , !processed_in! 0.076893 !seconds!, 16 !queries! .