Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 4145|Reply: 4

Sorting by date not working

[ Promote this link! ]
Post time: 2013-08-29 11:21:25
| Show all posts |!read_mode!
Is it just my computer, or sorting column by date doesn't work for everybody? This is a basic function and without it working properly I have to look for another program that works.

Sorted result looks like this: July- then August - then July again, April - then August - then April. It doesn't make sense.

I'm using Kingsoft Spreadsheets only, Windows 7 64-bit, no Java if this matters.

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-08-29 20:59:06
| Show all posts
It is difficult to say from your description.  First question: Are all the years the same?  If so my second question:  Is it possible for you to attach the spreadsheet or part of it with the offending data?  Sorry I can't be of more help at this stage.

Cheers!
Post time: 2013-09-13 07:50:53
| Show all posts
I have the same problem. Column A is date. When trying to sort in order A to Z using column A, the result is wrong. I am using Australian date format, dd/mm/yyyy
Post time: 2013-09-13 08:04:58
| Show all posts
I found the answer. Sorting was misled in my case because not all dates were recorded as numbers. Some of them are texts. If you look at the date cells carefully, those dates in text format has a small green arrow in the top left corner. Click on one such cell, a yellow exclamation mark comes up. Click on its down arrow, select "Convert Text to Number". If all these are changed, sort works properly.
Post time: 2014-11-24 16:15:10
| Show all posts
elect a column of numeric data in a range of cells, or make sure that the active cell is in a table column containing numeric data.
On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, do one of the following:
To sort from low numbers to high numbers, click Button Sort Smallest to Largest.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|WPS Office   

2019-08-17 22:02 GMT+8 , !processed_in! 0.064021 !seconds!, 10 !queries! .